Institute of Personnel Management, Bangladesh is the only apex body of the Human Resource Management professionals in Bangladesh, established in 1980. It was registered as a non-profitable professional association with Joint Stock Companies & Firms, Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of Bangladesh under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 bearing Registration No.
S-1353(37)/90. IPM has been offering the Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management (PGDHRM) since 1982 both in campus and off campus. In line with the GOB slogan of Digital Bangladesh, the PGDHRM has been revised time to time to continue to offer in campus and to introduce PGDHRM through Skype technology for the first time in Bangladesh.
- IPM Campus
IPM is located in its own campus at Centre Point Concord, Level 10, Farmgate Main Road (Opposite Police Box)
- To organize all person engaged in or interested in or connected with Human Resource Management;
- To confer professional degree, diploma and training in HR Management;
- To arrange research activities for continuous professional education and development in HR ;
Build up capable management professionals, Institutional leader for proactive human resource development to serve the interest of the nation.
Promote, develop and regulate the profession of Human Resources Management, Impart training and education for professional competence by maintaining highest professional standard.
IPM has become the leading authority on Human Resources in Bangladesh, making significant contributions for the development and nurturing the Human Resource Management Profession.
From the very beginning, IPM conducts professional Diploma and Higher Diploma in HR and Labour Law and various short courses and training programs with highest standards.
Thousands of IPM diploma holders are now leading different national and multinational organizations throughout the country and abroad.
In addition to academic and training activities IPM expanded its services in various Consultancy Services to provide a complete range of HR solutions covering entire HR requirements and Labour Law issues which include:-
- Developing and implementation of HR systems, Policies and Procedures;
- Recruitment, Selection and Interview issues;
- In house training and development
- Corporate Management Policies & Procedures
- Domestic Inquiry
- Performance Management
- Health and Safety Management
- Employee Climate/Attitude Survey/Salary survey
- Human Resources Information System(HRIS)
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Institutional Development and Organizational Strengthening(IDOS)
The Consultancy Services Unit comprises a team of highly experienced HR Management Consultants and professionals with reasonable professional fees.
- Few Well Placed Diploma Holders of IPM:
IPM is offering post graduate diploma in HRM since 1985. By this time a good number of IPM graduates are working with satisfaction of the employer in different govt./semi govt./multinational & private enterprises. A few ex-students are as under:-
- Lt. Col.Rtd. Nazmul Haque
- Anis A. Khan – MD, MTBL
- Shakil Meraj – GM, Biman Bangladesh Airlines
- Md. Enamul Hoque – Sr. VP, National Life Insurance Co. Ltd
- Nawshad Pervez – Head of H.R. Square Hospitals Ltd.
- Sajjad Manzur, Head of HR, UTAH Group
- Kamruzzaman – Head of HR, Walton Bangladesh Ltd.
- Shabana Sharmeen –Wealth Advisor, Investors Group, Toronto, Canada
- Nahida Akter – Working in Canada
- Minara Begum – Working in Canada
- Fakrul Alam – Working in U.S.A
- Importance of the Diploma Programs in HRM
People are the main resource of the overall resources of any organization. The competitiveness of any organization fully depend on the capable workforce. It is thus imperative for organizations to attract, nurture, develop and retain such talent which will be responsive to the demands of ever changing technology, increased mobility and fast growing obsolescence. HR professionals with in depth understanding of the fundamental issues of management and related-disciplines and who bring an insight for perceptive people management are increasingly in demand. Insights and perspectives into the various HR subsystems will also be a necessary condition for enabling future HR leaders to contribute to the attainments of organizational development initiatives. PGDHRM is one of that type of professional diploma offered by IPM both in campus and through Skype for remote participants.
- Features of PGDHRM
(a) Admission Requirements
Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university/college. Good command on English and Computer literacy are mandatory.
(b) PGDHRM Requirements
Students must complete the following courses/project each comprising of 3 credit hours either face to face class or through Skype technology.
- Human Resources Management – 100 Marks
- Business Communication – 100 Marks
- Performance Management & Compensation Management – 100 Marks
- ,Labour Law – 100 Marks
- Learning and Development – 100 Marks
- Organization Behaviour & Organization Development –– 100 Marks
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS)- 100 Marks
- Internship/Presentation of 3 credit hours
© Class Schedule
Classes will be usually held on Friday only at IPM campus or through Skype technology from 07.30 am to 10.30 am and 10.30 am to 01.30 pm.. Classes may also be arranged on holidays suiting the convenience of the participants
(d) Teaching Methodology of the PGDHRM programmee:
Teaching methodology will include a combination of lectures, exercises, case studies, in-class assignments, projects, students presentations, group work, field trips etc.
(e) Grading System
80% and above
75% to less than 80%
70% to less than 75%
65% to less than 70%
60% to less than 65%
55% to less than 60%
50% to less than 55%
Less than 50%
(f) Course Evaluation Method
|Evaluation Points for every course||Weights|
|Class attendance/ class participation, assignments, cases, presentation, term paper, and comprehensive test||30%|
- Faculty Members:
Faculty members having specialization in HR, preferably with PhD in HR and selected HR professionals having professional degree with at least 8 years of professional experience of which 5 years as Head of HR in a renowned organization will conduct the classes. Among others name of a few speakers/Faculties are as under:-
- Md Musharrof Hossain President, APFHRM and FBHRO & Head, Human Resources Management, Icddr,b.
- F.A Sobhani
- Quazi M. Ahmed
- AJM MoinuddinChowdhury
- Shakil Meraj
- Fahmida Chowdhury
- A. Hashem Majumder
- M.A Mannan
- Ulfat Hossain
- Almasur Rahman
- Mamunur Rashid
10. Issuance of Certificate
Certificate will be awarded in a convocation ceremony on successful completion of the course.
- Special Features:
Upon successful completion of the PGDHRM, the graduates will be eligible for membership of IPM.
Admission Fees: BDT 6,000
Total Program fees: Tk. 30,000.00 for PGDHRM
- 10 % Discount may be allowed to participants nominated by FBHRO member organizations.
- 10 % Discount may be allowed to Legal heirs of Freedom Fighters.
- 20 % Discount may be allowed to candidates having all First class.
- 10 % Discount may be allowed to Tribal Community.
- Administrative Staff Position
1 Director of Studies
2 Manager (Admn v& Dev )
3 Md. Al Amin Mollah Care Taker